- alumnaholics - Those alumni who judge the success
of an event solely on the amount of free beer provided.
- alumnanchu - Alumni from the Fourth Ming Dynasty.
- alumnaplomb - Pomp surrounding special alumni events.
- alumnarcs - Our security guards at reunions.
- alumnaroo - (foriegn) Female jumping alumna.
- alumnash - Residue left from Homecoming bonfires.
- alumnastics - What our alumni did when they found
out we might get them tickets to the Chicago Bulls this year.
- alumnasties - Alumni who always call or write or
corner you with complaints.
- alumnate - 1. When alumni eat all the food at an
2. When alumni speak nostalgically about their time on campus.
- alumnatic(s) - 1. Storage facility for alumni junk
2. Alumni whose life revolves around the alma mater.
- alumnats - Alumni who bug you
- alumnausea - 1. Condition afflicting some Homecoming
2. Condition afflicting alumni directors after board meetings
- alumnay - alumni who don't ever say yes
- alumnecktie - a college tie (of course)
- alumneedle - What alumni give staff when things aren't
- alumneglect - Lost alumni.
- alumnegs - Variation of alumnasties, alumni who
can't say anything nice.
- alumneophytes - Brand new, energetic alumni
(a rare breed).
- alumneigh - Those who are a horses you know what, and
make us alumnuts.
- alumnerds - 1. Alumni who graduated from your
institution that you wish had graduated from mine. 2. Alumni who graduated from the University of
Chicago (they take pride in being nerds!).
- alumnesia - A disease which strikes alumni around
annual fund time.
- alumnets - Alumni on the internet.
- alumneuralgia - The condition alumni directors
contract after more than five years in the business.
- alumneurosis - That feeling we all get one week
- alumnevers - Variation of "alumnots". May also be
used to refer to graduates who are the vicious types that harass the institution after leaving,
and vow never to give a penny or a minute to the institution again.
- alumnewts - Politically conservative alumni.
- alumniary - Your brightest, most distinguished
- alumniation - The act of honoring individual alumni.
- alumnibbles - What we serve at receptions.
- alumniece - A brother's graduated daughter.
- alumnight(s) - 1. The second half of an alumni
director's work day.
2. Those evenings spent at alumni gatherings and not at home with your family.
- alumnike - Alumni who say "Just do it!"
- alumniks - Alumni of the Beat Generation.
- alumniomnia - When you can't sleep before a big alumni
- alumnipotent - All powerful alumni -- SO THEY THINK!!
- alumnips - Alumni who imbibe at various social
- alumnin - Alumni who write erotica.
- alumnine - 1. Alumni who insist on adding another
seat at a table for
eight. 2. Alumni of German heritage who always say "no" to everything.
- alumninium - Another name for an institution's Alumni
House, esp. if reservations are handled by "time share."
- alumniphobia - The irrational fear of alumni from
which we all suffer occasionally.
- alumnphonaphobics - Alumni afraid to answer their
phone in the evenings.
- alumniscient - Alumni who know everything.
- alumniweds - A (recently, or not-so recently) married
- alumnixon - Alumni who profess they are not crooks.
- alumnize - 1. To network with alumni. .:
What the administration does to students when at graduation..
- alumnoala - (foriegn) Small grey alumni that reside in
- alumnob - A trustee.
- alumnobile - Typical car driven by our alumni.
- alumnocks - Derogatory remarks alumni make about their
- alumnocratics - Those alumni who are unable to make
decisions unless there is a committee formed.
- alumnogs - Early alumni now extinct.
- alumnoids - Alumni who graduted from Tech schools.
- alumnoise - 1. Everyone on the association board
talking at once. 2. The sound at class reunions.
- alumnolls - Those who call to tell you of the death
of a classmate.
- alumnology - The study of alumni.
- alumnoogies - What overealous, overexpressive alumni
do to unsuspecting staff members.
- alumnoomerangs - Returning alumni.
- alumnoops - Mistake made by alumni professional or
alumni in general.
- alumnorabilia - Leftover give-aways from various events found litering
- alumorandum - Typed communication between alumni
directors and board members.
- alumnosaurus - 1. Volume of alumni synonyms (not to
be confused with alumnosaurus rex) 2. (Alumnosaurus Rex) - Ancient alumni on the
verge of extinction.
- alumnotes - An alumni choral group that sings at
- alumnots - Alumni who didn't graduate.
aalum(k)nots -1. (nice version) What is tied when an alum marries another alum. 2. (other version)
What you practice when alums bring their small children to events.
- alumnovena - Prayer offered by catholic alumni
directors and the donor who wishes to remain alumonomous?
- alumNOW - Feminist alumni.
- alumnoz (alumnozzie) - (Foriegn-Australia) Distant
alumni antipodean cousin from down-under.
- alumnspy - A person who attends alumni events but is
really from another institution and is just there to steal your ideas.
- alumnude - A bronze of one of your important alumni.
- alumnudge - What the development officer does to get
alumni to pay their pledges.
- alumnuisance - Need I say more?
- alumnuke - What you'd like to do to alumnasties.
- alumnuks - Baby alumni of less than a year.
- alumnumbs - 1. Apathetic alumni. 2. Alumni who
have just been asked for an extremely large gift.
- alumnunition - Inspiring tidbits used by
development officers to win over donors.
- alumnuts - Alumni that drive you crazy.
My eternal thanks to Adriene Williams at CASE for this Alumni Dictionary.
Director of Alumni and Family Relations
Concordia University Irvine
Irvine, CA 92612-3299